This update is for all our customers who are booked on any charter or tour; and members of the public who are considering booking with us for a coach charter or for a tour.
At Blue Bus, keeping our employees and the customers we serve healthy and safe is our primary concern.
We are closely following the advice provided by the Australian Government to ensure a safe environment and to avoid any unnecessary worry.
In light of the recent easing of Qld Government restrictions on Tour Bus and Coach Travel, our tours and charters have resumed. Please contact us for details of tour departures. We have also updated our Terms and Conditions.
• Is it safe to travel on a tour coach? Yes. We have completed the requirements to be a Covid Clean Practicing Business under Quality Tourism Australia. We have developed a COVIDSafe Plan and cleaning procedures to maintain high hygiene standards aimed to stop the spread of COVID-19.
• What will you do to protect your customers and staff? Blue Bus is committed to preventing the spread of the virus. In line with the Queensland Tourism and Accommodation Industry COVID Safe Plan, we are following the checklist to safely operate our tours. This includes continuing with the systematic cleaning of our coaches and buses. In order to support increased personal hygiene on our tours and charters, we have strengthened the measures we have in place to enhance sanitisation and focused cleaning; this includes but is not limited to:
• Providing hand sanitiser to help customers clean their hands more frequently.
• We are operating an even more robust vehicle cleaning schedule (wiping all frequently touched surfaces down with disinfectant wipes, spraying anti-viral disinfectant spray into our air conditioning vents and using a mist fogger sanitising process to sanitise the vehicle between passenger groups).
• Staff are being encouraged to maintain good hand, respiratory and personal hygiene.
• Can I go on a tour if I am experiencing cold and flu like symptoms? If you are suffering cold or flu-like symptoms, you should call your doctor. They will advise whether you need to self-isolate. We recommend that you only resume travel if you have been tested and cleared of COVID-19. You will be required to complete a Health Declaration on the tour departure date. You should follow Government advice to reduce the risk of catching Coronavirus.
We are watching the government Department of Health website very carefully and intend to follow their advice in all circumstances. We will update this announcement as required.
Should you need further information on Coronavirus, please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
Thank you for your support and cooperation at this difficult time.
Geoff and Sandra Jacob